Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You did not find the answer to your question? Do not hesitate to contact us
* How do you make your furniture selection?
Longtime collectors and design enthusiasts, we specialize in twentieth century design, with a particular fondness for French, Italian design but also ceramics. We select emblematic pieces from design masters as well as less renowned designers. That is the pleasure of our profession, to be seduced by design pieces we did not expect, and uncover this little gem that may turn your interior from ordinary to extraordinary.
* What type of furniture do you showcase?
At Formes Utiles, we offer both original editions and re-editions and sometimes a selection of contemporary artists and designers. This would be mainly mid century modern vintage and original piece of design, American, Italian or French. We also like ceramics, a lot, thus have a specific selection of the most beautiful sculptures or objets.
When they are known, the origins of the articles, such as the identification of the designer and the publisher, are always clearly indicated in the description of the article.
* How do I know what condition the furniture is in?
We make sure to be 100% transparent on the condition of the furniture, by providing detailed photos and a description of their possible wear. We can provide additional photos upon request. We strive to offer pieces in good condition or restored if necessary, while preserving, as much as possible, the original patina that makes them charming. In the detailed information, the condition of the furniture is mentioned: Excellent = like new / Good = lightly used / Fair = show some scratches.
* I changed my mind and I want to cancel my order
If you are not a professional or if you are a professional with less than 5 employees and the sale does not fall within the field of your main activity (cumulative conditions), you have a period of 14 days after delivery of the article to request a possible refund if the article does not suit you. Requests after this period will not be accepted.
articles must be returned in their original condition with their possible packaging and accessories allowing their re-marketing. In the event of depreciation of the article resulting from handling other than that necessary to ensure the conformity of the article, we reserve the right to only make a partial refund. In case of compliance with the above conditions, we will refund the entire order within 14 days from the return of the article. The costs and risks of returning the article will be at your expense . For any request for withdrawal, before or after delivery, you must fill out the withdrawal form provided in the appendix of the GTCS and send it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to read the Delivery and Return section for more details.
* The item I received is damaged
It is essential to open and inspect the package in the presence of the transporter and to refuse the article. You must indicate the reasons for refusal on the delivery note. It is strongly advised to take photos. Beware than no return for transport damage will be accepted if you do not check and refuse delivery in presence of the transporter. We invite you to read the Delivery and Return section for more details.
* Is the transport secured?
The objects we send are often rare and precious, we thus pay particular attention to transport. All our shipments are accompanied by insurance and are treated with love and care. We invite you to read the Delivery and Return section for more details on our delivery and return policy. Beware than no return for transport damage will be accepted if you do not check and refuse delivery in presence of the transporter.
* Are delivery costs included?
- Transport is free in mainland France (no minimum order required).
- A specific transport estimate is sent for deliveries of bulky or heavy articles outside mainland France, or for certain articles indicated on the website.
- For other articles, transport costs will be specified at the time of your order and depend on the destination.
We invite you to read the Delivery and Return section for more details on our delivery and return policy.
*What are the payment methods;
- When purchasing online, you can pay for your order by credit card.
- It is always possible to contact us for a direct sale, or a hand-delivery by appointment at Formes Utiles, 20 rue Marcel Dutartre, 69100 Villeurbanne, France. In these cases, we accept paypal, credit card, bank transfer or checks sent upstream.